"...And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-20
This was a sermon topic this Sunday at church - our campus pastor encouraged us to pray each day this week that God help us grasp just how deep, wide, high, and long is His love for us. When we understand this, we can have know his love that "surpasses knowledge" which will set us free. Knowing something that surpasses knowledge means knowing something for which we do not have the capacity to understand! I believe this defines love itself, and setting myself on the mission of learning Gods love for me is something I want to pursue greater than any other goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a complicated idea. How can we know how much God loves us if it surpasses our own capacity for loving? It's hard, and sometimes I wonder why God sacrificed for us the way that he did because I cannot understand that kind of love. But I like that you're praying to understand something that's beyond our abilities to understand. That is a real miracle.
Post a Comment