"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God forknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."
>> This verse is so rich! I read with inspiration, motivation, and assurance. Assurance that God will "work for the good" of us. He called us who glorify him, according to his purpose, to the likeness of his Son. As the verse says, God "forknew" we would respond to him. It is we that he has called, and in Him we are justified; glorified.
I take much comfort in these verses as I prepare for my mission trip in two weeks. How do I know I won't get sick, injured, won't make it back at all?? In light of this verse, these are mere distractions to the real purpose of our trip - the trip God called us to! And it is in that knowledge, that the trip will work "according to his purpose."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is a rich verse, and a hard one. It is comforting to know that God works for our best when we serve Him. I know it also causes a lot of controversy about predestination and such. I certainly don't have any answers about that, but it helps me to think about how God exists outside of time. I know Dad has mentioned that the time dynamic is also what some people use to explain pergatory. If God exists in the past, present, and future all at once, then humans might exist on some other plane of time, waiting, in some ways while God is already in the future. I guess it's one of those things we'll have to ask Him about when we meet Him!
Post a Comment