Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Let's delight in our weakness

"7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

This verse was from a message Andy Stanley gave 10/16 - the podcast is well worth it.

We should delight in our weakness, because that is when the Lord is the strongest in us. We need his grace whether we admit it or not, so let's admit it and allow him to be strong in us. Paul spent 60 years (3 crusades of 20 year duration) asking the Lord to take his thorn, and in the end, the Lord reminded him His grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in our weakness. Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

Julie Pond said...

It's so hard to do that though, isn't it? The moment I feel weak or helpless, I pray that God strengthen me, not that I recognize God's power. It's yet another one of those things that goes directly counter to our natures.

Sorry I missed a week posting. I will make it up soon.