Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hidden in Christ

Colossians 3:1-3 says, "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your heart on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."
I love this idea of being hidden in or with Christ. First, it makes me think of hidding my faults and sins in the blinding glory of Christ's perfection. God chooses not to see the ugliness since it is hidden by Christ's beauty.
Second, it makes me feel safe. When I'm stressed or scared or feel alone, I want to hide, to crawl into a tiny space to escape. And that's what Christ offers: a hidding place of retreat and safety. That image provides me with a lot of comfort.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Me too Julie. Well said. Thanks.

Mike said...

That is great. And something I was reading this morning was saying that there is nothing good in our inescapable sinful nature - so the only refuge we have is in Christ - He is the only way we can hide from the way we are, which is also the way the world wants us to be.